Macaroni Salad Tomato Cups Recipe
For a hearty warm-weather meal for two, Evelyn Kennell of Roanoke, Illinois suggests her pasta salad flavored with ham, crunchy celery and a creamy dressing.
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced deli ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Drain macaroni and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine the macaroni, ham, cheese and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion powder and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Spoon into tomato cups. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate if desired with any additional salad on the side. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Salad Tomato Cups in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Macaroni Salad Tomato Cups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Macaroni Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >