- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced deli ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Drain macaroni and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine the macaroni, ham, cheese and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion powder and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Spoon into tomato cups. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate if desired with any additional salad on the side. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Salad Tomato Cups in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p17
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Macaroni Salad Tomato Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review