Macaroni Salad for 100 Recipe
- 5 to 6 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 5 to 6 pounds macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 pounds shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bags (20 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 bunches celery, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 to 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cans (5-3/4 ounces each) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 8 cups mayonnaise
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Western or French salad dressing
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In several large bowls, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients; pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 100 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 274 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.