Macaroni Salad Recipe
I live in an area that's hot and humid, so I'm always experimenting with new recipes to find a dish that is tasty and nutritious - and that I can make without turning on my oven.
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Salad in Country April/May 2003, p51
Reviews for Macaroni Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2013
This is sooo good. Threw out my other mac and cheese recipes.