I live in an area that's hot and humid, so I'm always experimenting with new recipes to find a dish that is tasty and nutritious - and that I can make without turning on my oven.
Recommended: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Salad in Country April/May 2003, p51
Reviews for Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2014
"Wasn't very good"
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2013
"This is sooo good. Threw out my other mac and cheese recipes."