We average about 300 cows in our herd, so beef is number one at our house. This savory dish is a winner with family and friends.Jeri Rose, Wray, Colorado
8-10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 carton (6 ounces) whipped cream cheese with chives
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Add cream
- cheese; toss until melted. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. In a skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, salt and
- sugar; mix well. Spread over macaroni mixture. Combine egg and sour
- cream; spread over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45
- minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8-10 servings.
If your grocery store doesn't carry cream cheese with chives, stir 1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives into 6 ounces of softened plain cream cheese.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,315 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.