We average about 300 cows in our herd, so beef is number one at our house. This savory dish is a winner with family and friends.—Jeri Rose, Wray, Colorado
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 carton (6 ounces) whipped cream cheese with chives
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Add cream cheese; toss until melted. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, salt and sugar; mix well. Spread over macaroni mixture. Combine egg and sour cream; spread over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Royale in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p246
Reviews for Macaroni Royale
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review