Macaroni Ham Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 block (7 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; add to macaroni mixture and toss. Cover and chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with lean ham, reduced-fat cheddar cheese and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 130 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.