"I like to make this hearty main-dish salad in summer when it's too hot to turn on the oven," shares Lori Thompson of New London, Texas. "My husband and children really like the unexpected flavor of the dill pickle."
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 block (7 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; add to macaroni mixture and toss. Cover and chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Ham Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p52
Reviews for Macaroni Ham Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review