Macaroni Garden Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine the macaroni, tomato, cucumber, red pepper, basil and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over macaroni mixture and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 181 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.