Bonnie Sturgeon of Berwick, New Brunswick enjoys making this delightful salad during the summer. Tomato, cucumber and sweet red pepper are tossed with macaroni and herbs, then coated in a creamy fat-free mayonnaise dressing. Serve it as a light lunch or as a side dish with your favorite meat for supper.
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the macaroni, tomato, cucumber, red pepper, basil and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over macaroni mixture and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Garden Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p62
Reviews for Macaroni Garden Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review