Macaroni Garden Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the macaroni, tomato, cucumber, red pepper, basil and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over macaroni mixture and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Macaroni Garden Salad
Sort By :
"So I used the salad as a jumping off point. I don't use parsley in my food because I feel its a waste of my money, not because I don't like it. I don't get enough use out of the bunch to make it worth my purchase. I also added canadian bacon and turkey pepperoni and egg to make it a very solid meal. It was delicious, and the dressing, which I was a bit uncertain of at first turned out delicious. I also don't use fat free mayo or miracle whip because I dislike the taste."
"This makes a good, fresh-tasting salad. Fresh basil is hard to get here, so I used dried basil-3/4 tsp. for 1 Tbs. fresh. I added some chopped red onion and used Miracle Whip Light instead of FF mayo - also added cubed ham to make this a meal salad."