- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Macaroni Coleslaw
"This was very yummy!!"
"I served this for 4th of July yesterday. I thought I'd like it better than I did. It made a lot, which was a plus, but it was really missing something in the flavor. I found it unappealing and wished I'd served something else. Inhad 12 people for dinner; people ate it-- I had half a bowl left over. My husband said it was okay, and that he liked it well enough, but I didn't notice anyone really excited about it. Too bad. It sounded like something I'd like.Perhaps I'd like it with a different dressing. I think the dressing was a deal breaker for me. Maybe I'll try it again but use a favorite coleslaw dressing on it instead. Also, I wasn't crazy about the chestnuts. If I do it again, I'll use chopped jicama instead."
"Fresh taste and crunchy... Yum! I was looking for something a little different -- and this did the trick. I did not add the water chestnuts and reduced the onion."
"This was so good. I don't think I will ever make just plain coleslaw again."
"Very delicious!!! Substituted green peas for the green peppers and loved it! Used whole wheat pasta & mayo & splenda & seasoned with white pepper & celery salt. Pasta box was 12 oz, so increased amount of dressing by adding some olive oil & more cider vinegar & sweetener & seasonings---perfecto! Thanks for sharing!!!"
"Very good recipe! Everyone loves it!"
"This is a wonderful recipe, very full of flavor and texture. It has become a new family favorite. Thanks for sharing!"
"Mix together macaroni salad and coleslaw. The perfect way to UP each dish!"
"This tasted really good, and fresh. Has the taste of regular slaw but adding the pasta really brings it all together. Makes a large amount and it takes a huge bowl to mix it in. Definitely will make again."
"The Macaroni Coleslaw was the BOMB!! I doubled up on the recipe so I would have enough for a crowd."