- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Macaroni Coleslaw
Sort By :
"I have never been a coleslaw lover. But this sounded interesting. I loved it. My husband also loved it. It stays crunchy for several days. I did cut it down because it was only 2 of us, and I left out the green pepper, because I don't like that flavor. But I will be making this again."
"A nice change!"
"Very tasty and crunchy. I don't miss the full fat version of Miracle Whip at all. I used only one onion and that flavor still comes through. I also omitted the water chestnuts for my husband, but it still has a nice crunchy texture."
"A wonderful tangy salad! I love salads using Miracle Whip as they are so much more flavourful than mayonnaise. The crunch of the water chestnuts is wonderful. I use tri-colour coleslaw and leave out the green peppers as I dont like them."
"I used Best Foods Mayonaise instead of Miracle Whip, and I really love the salad. My husband doesn't like macaroni salad and he would still rate it a 4. Took it camping and it was just as good on day 4."