- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Macaroni Coleslaw
"Made as directed. This is amazing!!!! Everyone love it."
"Made this today. It's now my new favorite salad! Delicious! My family loved it! It was easy to make but let me warn you! It makes a lot! Thanks for sharing!"
"I haven't made it yet but sounds promising"
"Wonderful love it, my family loved it too"
"This looks and sounds unappetizing, but intrigued by the numerous 5 star reviews, I went ahead and made it. I only had low fat mayo (no miracle whip), so I used that. I only put one onion in because it looked like a lot, but might add half or all of the second one.I was expecting it to taste like coleslaw AND macaroni salad. I think it pretty much tastes like coleslaw with a bit of pasta added. It makes a ton."