- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Macaroni Coleslaw
"This was so good. I don't think I will ever make just plain coleslaw again."
"Very delicious!!! Substituted green peas for the green peppers and loved it! Used whole wheat pasta & mayo & splenda & seasoned with white pepper & celery salt. Pasta box was 12 oz, so increased amount of dressing by adding some olive oil & more cider vinegar & sweetener & seasonings---perfecto! Thanks for sharing!!!"
"Very good recipe! Everyone loves it!"
"This is a wonderful recipe, very full of flavor and texture. It has become a new family favorite. Thanks for sharing!"
"Mix together macaroni salad and coleslaw. The perfect way to UP each dish!"