Macaroni Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cubed cooked chicken, thawed
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the broccoli, red pepper, onion and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, peas, bouillon, tarragon and lemon-pepper; reduce heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Drain macaroni; stir into the chicken mixture. Add cheese and stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 387 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,002 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Macaroni Chicken Skillet
"I did not really like this much at all. I think it was the flavor of the herbs mixed in with the cheese sauce."
"At first I thought that this was just glorified mac and cheese. But this ended up very good."