"Our family loves this meal," relates Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. "I found the recipe on a box of pasta years ago, and I've used it a lot since." Vegetables, herbs and chicken mingle in a rich cheese sauce for the no-fuss entree.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cubed cooked chicken, thawed
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the broccoli, red pepper, onion and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, peas, bouillon, tarragon and lemon-pepper; reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Drain macaroni; stir into the chicken mixture. Add cheese and stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Chicken Skillet in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p46
Reviews for Macaroni Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2013
"I did not really like this much at all. I think it was the flavor of the herbs mixed in with the cheese sauce."
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2012
"At first I thought that this was just glorified mac and cheese. But this ended up very good."