Macaroni Chicken Dinner
My family considers this dish a complete dinner all by itself. When I'm having company, I add green beans, hot rolls and chilled mixed fruit for a quick yet nutritious meal.—Zetta Harberts, Beattie, Kansas
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, broth, milk and cream. Stir in the
- chicken, macaroni, cheese, celery and eggs. Transfer to a greased
- 3-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and
- butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or
- until macaroni is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 285 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium,