- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, broth, milk and cream. Stir in the chicken, macaroni, cheese, celery and eggs. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Chicken Dinner in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p162
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Macaroni Chicken Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review