- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, sour cream, milk, olives, seasoned salt, pepper and vegetable mixture. Drain macaroni; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Macaroni Chicken Casserole
"We used leftover roasted chicken as well and left out the olives. It was very good."
"I made this casserole & it was very good. The next time I made it, I also added 1 stalk of diced celery, 4 tbls of half and half, and used the left over rotisserie chicken for added flavor. Some made like to add abit more milk to make it creamier. This was a hit in our family."
"Very good recipe. Didnt put in the olives"
"I would add more olives to up the taste"