Start the evening off right with this piping hot, hearty casserole from Quincie Ball of Shelton, Washington. Topped with crispy breadcrumbs, you'll love the satisfying crunch.
Recommended: Top 10 Casserole Recipes
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, sour cream, milk, olives, seasoned salt, pepper and vegetable mixture. Drain macaroni; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Macaroni Casserole in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p45
Reviews for Macaroni Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2014
"We used leftover roasted chicken as well and left out the olives. It was very good."
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2013
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2011
"Very good recipe. Didnt put in the olives"
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
"I would add more olives to up the taste"