- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, tomato juice, macaroni, carrots and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in the squash, beans, seasoned salt and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and lemon juice. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Macaroni Bean Soup
Sort By :
I would describe it more as a "stewp" than a soup. This could be because I used a little more macaroni like Sundra Haucks said. I also didn't serve it immediately. I held it warm on the stove while preparing sandwiches to go with it. I chose this recipe because it has all those healthy veggies in it. I reduced the salt to 1/2 tsp. and the flavor was still fine.
This soup was OK but a little bland. I probably won't make again.