“This chunky soup makes a great meatless main dish,” comments Sundra Haucks of Bogalusa, Louisiana. “Best of all, it’s ready…set…serve in just 25 minutes.” TIP: “We like a lot of macaroni, so I often use more.”
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, tomato juice, macaroni, carrots and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in the squash, beans, seasoned salt and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and lemon juice. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Macaroni Bean Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p7
Reviews for Macaroni Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review