Macaroni Bean Salad Recipe
Two types of store-bought beans, a convenient can of olives and lots of cheese make this easy pasta salad, shared by Sandra Gordon of Emmett, Idaho, a cinch to assemble at home. With a creamy dressing, it's a festive medley that's sure to earn praise at potlucks. TIP: Try other small pasta noodles, and for a fancier look, serve it on a bed of Bibb lettuce.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup kidney beans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain macaroni and rinse in cold water. Add to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 258 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC