Macaroni Au Gratin Recipe
HERE'S an easy, tasty dish my family has always liked. Whenever we attend a potluck supper, I take this macaroni casserole...and come home with an empty dish and many requests for the recipe. -Jeannine Hopp, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat. Add cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mustard; stir until cheese melts.
- 3. Pour over macaroni and mix well. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC