HERE'S an easy, tasty dish my family has always liked. Whenever we attend a potluck supper, I take this macaroni casserole...and come home with an empty dish and many requests for the recipe. -Jeannine Hopp, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat. Add cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mustard; stir until cheese melts.
- Pour over macaroni and mix well. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Au Gratin in Reminisce March/April 1997, p49
Reviews for Macaroni Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review