- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add melted butter and toss to
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Place bread
- cubes in a large bowl. Drizzle with butter mixture and sprinkle with
- seasoned salt; toss to coat.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add
- cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add the process cheese, sugar, seasoned salt, mustard,
- pepper sauce and pepper; stir until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the fontina, cheddar and Swiss cheeses. Add
- 2 cups cheese mixture to sauce; stir until melted. Pour over pasta;
- stir to combine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Top with
- bread cubes, Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and bread is
- lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 493 calories, 27 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.