Macaroni and Cheese Soup Recipe
I've worked in the food service industry for too many years to count and have made this one-of-a-kind soup at many different jobs. It's always been a big hit.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 3 quarts water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a stockpot, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add celery, carrots, onion and green pepper; cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Add macaroni. Cover and return to a boil; boil 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 8-10 minutes or just until macaroni is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted; add to undrained macaroni mixture. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 261 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC