Macaroni and Cheese for Two
THIS IS one of those dishes that our family calls "a Mama recipe". My mother rarely consulted a cookbook, so when asked for a recipe, she could only estimate.
I've worked out the ingredients to make it for two, but it can easily by doubled. It's simply a good, wholesome dish most folks seem to enjoy.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a medium bowl, combine macaroni, cheese, milk, egg and salt; mix
- well. Pour into a greased 1-qt. shallow baking dish; dot with
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a
- knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 447 calories, 27 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.