Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
I like to create recipes, and this is one my husband really enjoys. It's an excellent dish for company, especially for families with small children. After all, what kid doesn't like macaroni and cheese?
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around
- the edge of pan. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese and
- butter. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir until cheese is almost melted.
- Stir in bread crumbs. In a bowl, combine the macaroni, egg yolks,
- pimientos, parsley, onion and salt. Stir in cheese mixture; mix
- well. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into macaroni
- mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.