Macaroni 'n' Cheese Soup
Chock-full of vegetables, chicken and pasta, this creamy creation from our Test Kitchen is sure to become a favorite at your home. No one will suspect the sensational soup relies on leftover macaroni and cheese.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, broccoli, cauliflower and
- carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10
- minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the macaroni and cheese, cream and process cheese. Cook and stir
- until cheese is melted. Add chicken and pepper; heat through. Yield:
- 8 servings.