- dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Gradually
- stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in
- cheddar and mozzarella cheeses until melted.
- Pour over macaroni mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and
- golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 262 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.