This is the simplest of entrees, so well received on cold, frosty evenings. The combination of sour cream and cheese gives this macaroni dish a distinctive taste of its own. -Mrs. O. Lick, Boyne Falls, Michigan
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion, optional
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and milk. Stir in the cheese, macaroni and onion if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-cup baking dish; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni 'n' Cheese for Two in Reminisce Extra February 2001, p52
Reviews for Macaroni 'n' Cheese for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2014
"Not the cheddery cheesy Mac and cheese like the boxed mix I'm used to.....I probably would not make it again...."
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2012
"This was horrid!!!! My dog wouldn't even eat it."