“Kids love this recipe! What could be better than pizza and mac 'n' cheese all in one meal? Toppings are easily changed to suit individual tastes. To simplify things, use a can of pizza sauce instead of the tomato sauce, oregano and basil.” Jenny Staniec - Oak Grove, Minnesota
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; stir in eggs. Spread onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Spread over macaroni mixture. Layer with sausage mixture, mushrooms and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni & Cheese Pizza in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p35
Reviews for Macaroni & Cheese Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review