“I have forever been experimenting with macaroni and cheese. This recipe is the one my husband likes the best!” You and your kids are sure to love it, too! Margaret Spear - Morris, IL
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the milk, eggs, process cheese, sour cream, cheese sauce and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Drain macaroni; toss with 2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add sauce mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni & Cheese Bake in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p14
Reviews for Macaroni & Cheese Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review