- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the milk, eggs, process cheese, sour cream, cheese sauce and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Drain macaroni; toss with 2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add sauce mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Macaroni & Cheese Bake
Sort By :
My husband made this and it turned out great, he did change a view things and added sausage to it, but it was very good. We all enjoyed it and will be having this again. Leftovers were great as well.
Oops! Didn't catch that there is an ingredient listed as process cheese sauce! Never heard of that or saw it on a shelf. Going to look for it so I can make this recipe!!
I haven't made this yet, but I think it looks very good! For the person wondering about process cheese: it is simply Velveeta that comes in box (not canned?? cheese). I will review this once I actually make it.
This doesn't get any star, Just plan not good
I'm not sure what some of the respondents were fussing about. If this recipe is followed it is yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >