Macaroni & Cheese Bake Recipe
“I have forever been experimenting with macaroni and cheese. This recipe is the one my husband likes the best!” You and your kids are sure to love it, too! Margaret Spear - Morris, IL
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the milk, eggs, process cheese, sour cream, cheese sauce and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Drain macaroni; toss with 2 cups cheddar cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add sauce mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 507 calories, 34 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC