Macaroni & Cheese Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the milk, eggs, process cheese, sour cream, cheese sauce and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Drain macaroni; toss with 2 cups cheddar cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add sauce mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 507 calories, 34 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Macaroni & Cheese Bake
"This was pretty bland. I even added some cayenne pepper to give it a kick. I won't be making this one again. No one ate the leftovers."
"Cheese whiz is processed cheese sauce, Velveeta and American cheese slices is processed cheese."
"My husband made this and it turned out great, he did change a view things and added sausage to it, but it was very good. We all enjoyed it and will be having this again. Leftovers were great as well."
"Oops! Didn't catch that there is an ingredient listed as process cheese sauce! Never heard of that or saw it on a shelf. Going to look for it so I can make this recipe!!"
"I haven't made this yet, but I think it looks very good! For the person wondering about process cheese: it is simply Velveeta that comes in box (not canned?? cheese). I will review this once I actually make it."
"This doesn't get any star, Just plan not good"
"I'm not sure what some of the respondents were fussing about. If this recipe is followed it is yummy!"
"I think my husband will love this too! Will be making soon!"
"I love Macaroni and Cheese, but this doesn't qualify to even be compared to comfort food. No thanks!!!"
"My experience with using eggs in mac and cheese is that it tastes like scrambled eggs."
"Let me tell you how to make great Mac and Cheese!!!Cook your 12 oz of macaroni and drain well. Heat in the microwave a jar of Old El Paso Cheese'n Salsa and mix both together and add some seasoned bread crumbs on top heat in the oven on 350 for 10 minutes and everyone will think you slaved on the stove for hours and it turns out perfect every time.Steveieareno"
"Sorry, but the thought of using processed cheese turns me off. If you look at the label it doesn't even say that this is cheese.....rather if says "pasturized processed cheese food". Artificial flavors and colors turn me off. I feel that eating something so full of chemicals is not worth the calories on the plate."
"I have made this several times and we love it. I lost the recipe and I'm so excited to find it online."
"CHEESE IN A CAN"
"What is process cheese sauce?"