Macadamia Toffee Snack Cake Recipe
Ever since I worked in a restaurant preparing desserts, I’ve been collecting recipes that make people happy. This mouthwatering cake is loaded with white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and coconut.—Marie Zajdowicz, Riva, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Add baking powder and salt to remaining crumb mixture. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; sprinkle with reserved topping mixture, baking chips, nuts and coconut. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 235 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC