Macadamia Toffee Snack Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Add baking powder and salt to remaining crumb mixture. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; sprinkle with reserved topping mixture, baking chips, nuts and coconut. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece: 235 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Macadamia Toffee Snack Cake
"Oh, forgot to mention that my husband doesn't care for coconut so I omitted it. Fantastic recipe."
"Yummy!!! Made this for the second time and it's been a BIG hit both times. Very easy to make as well."