Ever since I worked in a restaurant preparing desserts, I’ve been collecting recipes that make people happy. This mouthwatering cake is loaded with white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and coconut.—Marie Zajdowicz, Riva, Maryland
Recommended: Homemade Food Gift Packaging Ideas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Add baking powder and salt to remaining crumb mixture. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; sprinkle with reserved topping mixture, baking chips, nuts and coconut. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Macadamia Toffee Snack Cake in Country June/July 2009, p51
Reviews for Macadamia Toffee Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2012
"Oh, forgot to mention that my husband doesn't care for coconut so I omitted it. Fantastic recipe."
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
"Yummy!!! Made this for the second time and it's been a BIG hit both times. Very easy to make as well."