Macadamia Sunshine Bars Recipe
Your guests will be delighted with my bars. They are packed with nuts and dried fruit. I think that when you take a bite of this treat it’s like a mini-vacation to a Polynesian paradise. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 4-1/2 teaspoons thawed pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 jars (3 ounces each) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
- 2/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 2/3 cup chopped dried mangoes
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons thawed pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 4 to 5 teaspoons water
- 1. In large bowl, combine the cake mix, brown sugar and spice powder. Add the butter, eggs, juice concentrate, orange and lemon peels and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the nuts, dried fruits and coconut.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine the confectioners' sugar, juice concentrate and enough water to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 290 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Macadamia Sunshine Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC