A little goes a long way when it comes to these rich morsels. One bite and store-bought peanut butter cups will be a distant memory.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 pounds bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Set aside 36 macadamia nuts for garnish. Finely chop the remaining nuts; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, sour cream, vanilla and reserved chopped nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Pipe about 1 teaspoon chocolate into each of 36 foil-lined miniature muffin cups. Chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter mixture into each cup. Pipe enough additional chocolate into each cup to cover peanut butter filling. Top each with a macadamia nut. Chill for 10 minutes or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Macadamia Peanut Butter Cups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p70
Reviews for Macadamia Peanut Butter Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review