Macadamia Nut Pie Recipe
When I was young, friends of our family traveled to Hawaii and brought back macadamia nuts. My mom used them in this recipe. It's a tasty twist on traditional pecan pie.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. Unroll pastry and place in a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges and set aside. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until combined. Stir in the nuts. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC