While these loaves may be small, they have a big rich flavor. The macadamia nuts make them a special treat with tropical flair. Plus, they're so pretty with the toasted coconut topping. —Kim Gilliland, Simi Valley, California
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Finely chop enough of the macadamia nuts to measure 1/3 cup; set aside. Coarsely chop remaining nuts; toss with coconut and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla and reserved finely chopped nuts.
- Spoon into five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 loaves.
Originally published as Macadamia Nut Mini Loaves in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p14
Reviews for Macadamia Nut Mini Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review