- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 36 large marshmallows
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting
- Red and green paste food coloring
- M&M's minis
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil and 3-in. cookie cutters with 1 tablespoon butter. Place cookie cutters in pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon warm fudge into the prepared cookie cutters, filling to the top. Cool until set. To remove, gently push fudge out of cookie cutters. Tint frosting red and green; decorate fudge with frosting and M&M's. Yield: about 5-1/2 pounds.
Reviews forMacadamia Nut Fudge
"These were GREAT! I served them to a big group of my friends, everyone liked them, and thought I had spent a long time making a fancy fudge, not believing it was a simple recipe and so easy!. I left out the nuts and added about a tsp of peppermint extract. These will be a new Christmas tradition!"
"I love this recipe! It is easy and delicious. My daughter (6) loves tohelp with the cut outs and decorates them and she wants"
"I love the cookie cutter shape idea, and the recipe sounds great, I will try this week!Nana mama"
"This really sounds good, thank you!"