Family and friends look forward to this creamy fudge every holiday season. The macadamia nuts make it extra special. —Kristine Sokowski, Tremont, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 36 large marshmallows
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting
- Red and green paste food coloring
- M&M's minis
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil and 3-in. cookie cutters with 1 tablespoon butter. Place cookie cutters in pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon warm fudge into the prepared cookie cutters, filling to the top. Cool until set. To remove, gently push fudge out of cookie cutters. Tint frosting red and green; decorate fudge with frosting and M&M's. Yield: about 5-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Macadamia Nut Fudge in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p99
Reviews for Macadamia Nut Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review