Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
These rich cookies are full of Hawaiian macadamia nuts and chocolate chips. —Mary Gaylord, Balsam Lake, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 jars (3-1/2 ounces each) macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) white baking chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in nuts and chips. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks; cool completely. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 201 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC