Craving chocolate? Bite into one of these chewy, cake-like brownies. Valerie Mitchell of Olathe, Kansas adds the toasted nuts for crunch and added flavor.
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, sugar and coffee granules. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Spread into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Macadamia Nut Brownies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p22