Macadamia Nut Brownies Recipe
Craving chocolate? Bite into one of these chewy, cake-like brownies. Valerie Mitchell of Olathe, Kansas adds the toasted nuts for crunch and added flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the egg, sugar and coffee granules. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- 3. Spread into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
1 brownie equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC