Macadamia Nut Brownies
Craving chocolate? Bite into one of these chewy, cake-like brownies. Valerie Mitchell of Olathe, Kansas adds the toasted nuts for crunch and added flavor.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until
- smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, sugar and coffee granules. Stir in
- vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder;
- gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Spread into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.