Macadamia Nut Bread
Crusty outside and chewy inside, this bread from Darlene Markel of Sublimity, Oregon is chock-full of crunchy nuts. "It tastes great toasted and topped with cream cheese...and the aroma is heavenly, too."
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final
- kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add nuts and
- coconut. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.