These bars enjoy a lot of compliments among my friends and family. I almost have to make them for all of our get-togethers. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, confectioners' sugar and melted butter until crumbly; stir in nuts. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in eggs, lemon juice and lemon peel until blended.
- Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Macadamia Lemon Bars in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Macadamia Lemon Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review