- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, confectioners' sugar and melted butter until crumbly; stir in nuts. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in eggs, lemon juice and lemon peel until blended.
- Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Macadamia Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"These are delicious! I put in double the lemon juice as suggested and they taste awesome.This is definitely a keeper!"
"Taste of home, "this time you have out done yourself." this was the best lemon bars I ever tasted. thanks for the res."
"I double the lemon for more flavor and when the crust is almost done, I cover it with white chocolate chips, let them melt and spread it, then I add the filling....so good."
"These are awesome!"
"While these are very tasty, I wondered if there's a few misprints with the recipe. First off, the crust layer won't be "crumbly" if you stir in half a cup of melted butter- it's way too wet for that, and I wonder if it's supposed to be half a stick (1/4 cup) butter instead. When you press it up the sides of the pan, it melts back down in the oven so you only end up with a bottom crust. Make sure you grease the pan very generously, and maybe even flour it a little bit. If you really want the lemon flavor to be prominent, I recommend doubling the amount of lemon juice in the filling, otherwise the lemon flavor is very light."