Macadamia Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, confectioners' sugar and melted butter until crumbly; stir in nuts. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in eggs, lemon juice and lemon peel until blended.
- Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Macadamia Lemon Bars(6)
Sort By :
These are awesome!
While these are very tasty, I wondered if there's a few misprints with the recipe. First off, the crust layer won't be "crumbly" if you stir in half a cup of melted butter- it's way too wet for that, and I wonder if it's supposed to be half a stick (1/4 cup) butter instead. When you press it up the sides of the pan, it melts back down in the oven so you only end up with a bottom crust. Make sure you grease the pan very generously, and maybe even flour it a little bit. If you really want the lemon flavor to be prominent, I recommend doubling the amount of lemon juice in the filling, otherwise the lemon flavor is very light.
These are so good...melt in your mouth...make you feel like spring is just around the corner!
these are our favorites. when I make them, they are gone in minutes.
Easy to make and delicious
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Lemon Bars >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >