- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, confectioners' sugar and melted butter until crumbly; stir in nuts. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in eggs, lemon juice and lemon peel until blended.
- Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Macadamia Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"these bars are a little too sweet for my taste. best not to brown the bars, sugar caramelizes."
"I had prepared these bars, only I adjusted this recipe by using pecans instead of macadamia nuts since they were on hand for me! I'd baked these bars at 350o F. for 30 minutes for the lemon filling and 15 to 20 minutes for the crust. I'd used a greased and floured 8x8x2" square baking pan! This lemon bar recipe is certainly a 5* score! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"These are delicious! I put in double the lemon juice as suggested and they taste awesome.This is definitely a keeper!"
"Taste of home, "this time you have out done yourself." this was the best lemon bars I ever tasted. thanks for the res."
"I double the lemon for more flavor and when the crust is almost done, I cover it with white chocolate chips, let them melt and spread it, then I add the filling....so good."