- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and lime juice until blended. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; spoon or pipe onto pie. Top with macadamia nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Macadamia Key Lime Pie
Sort By :
This was a good summer pie I enjoyed it but I did not try the crust maybe next time I used gram cracker instead I did use Nellie & Joes key lime juice for the first time that stuff is the bomb.
I added powdered sugar to the whipped cream.
Very good and easy to make. I used graham crackers instead of shortbread for the crust and baked it for 10 minutes at 350. This was a big hit with the family!
Followed the recipe exactly but the crust was very crumbly and would not stay together when cutting a slice. Also, it didn't solidify . It remained more like soft pudding and didn't keep it's shape when slicing. Had a good flavor.
Excellent. Very refreshing summer pie. AND so easy!!