Macadamia Key Lime Pie Recipe
I make Key Lime Pie at least four times a month during summer, it’s so refreshing. The shortbread crust adds richness. — Brynn LeMaire, Gueydan, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and lime juice until blended. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; spoon or pipe onto pie. Top with macadamia nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 604 calories, 45 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC