Macadamia Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For topping, combine chocolate chips, cream, sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 7 minutes.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Beat with a wooden spoon until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in nuts. Place cake on a serving plate; pour topping over cake. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 585 calories, 41g fat (18g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Macadamia Fudge Cake
"This is SUCH a yummy cake! The frosting takes a while to make, but it's worth it! Great for company!~ Theresa"